TN: Some Bordeaux from the 1980

Winesense

TN: Some Bordeaux from the 1980

Post by Winesense »

Latour 1983: Dark ruby color, no sign of age. Nose is not very expressive. Great very typical Cabernet Savignon expression. Dark chocolate. Massive wine. Stays forever in the mouth. I must think of Darth Vader. Great wine, still far too young. 95 Points now. Maybe 100 in 10 years.

Rauzan Segla 1983: Dark red. Powerfull wine. Blackbeeries, cassis, dark chocolate in the nose. Taste include all of this and also white pepper. Not typical for the normaly elegant Rauzan Segla. Rating 91

Gaffliere 1982: Better bottle as the already good one last time. Color mature, orange rim. Incredible perfumed smell of cranberries let the lungs tingle. Soft, velvety, extremely fruity for the age. Craneberries and raspberry all over. Very, very impressive.
rating 93.

lafon Rochet 1985
Impression is thin wine first. Some barnyard, lead in the nose. Get better of two hours in the decanter. Finally a qunitessiential St. Estephe. Cassis, licorice root, black pepper, cedar wood. rating 91
stefan

Re: TN: Some Bordeaux from the 1980

Post by stefan »

My impression on the R-S is the same. Not very Margaux like the last time I drank it.

Thanks for the update on the Latour.

stefan
Comte Flaneur

Re: TN: Some Bordeaux from the 1980

Post by Comte Flaneur »

I too was bowled over by the Latour 83 when I had it about a year ago a wine deemed to be an underachiever based on early tastings