TN: 2001 Château Smith Haut Lafitte (France, Bordeaux, Graves, Pessac-Léognan)

cellartracker

TN: 2001 Château Smith Haut Lafitte (France, Bordeaux, Graves, Pessac-Léognan)

Post by cellartracker »

My first tasting note post to BWE using the new CellarTracker auo-link.
  • 2001 Château Smith Haut Lafitte - France, Bordeaux, Graves, Pessac-Léognan (1/23/2009)
    A promising young Bordeaux. Still loaded with fruit and oak. Whiff of vanilla. Some coffee bean. Bell pepper, tobacco leaf and zingy cherry all come out to play. Still pretty firm and a little austere, probably still sleeping a bit. (89 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
JScott

Re: TN: 2001 Château Smith Haut Lafitte (France, Bordeaux, Graves, Pessac-Léognan)

Post by JScott »

Excellent! I'm going to try this with my next note. In fact, I'll have to open something specifically for the purpose. Any excuse....
robert goulet

Re: TN: 2001 Château Smith Haut Lafitte (France, Bordeaux, Graves, Pessac-Léognan)

Post by robert goulet »

I had this wine about 3 years ago. $29 and it was open for business. I really enjoyed the smoke, rocks and earthy qualities to this wine. I scored this wine 91 points. It was delicious.
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

any thoughts on drinkability of a mag of the 95?
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I'm with Robert Goulet on this one (believe it or not I'm a distant cousin of the legendary singer). I got it in the $30 range at PJs, unfortunately I drank my half dozen bottles.