Webinar on Châteauneuf-du-Pape for fanatics?

HarryKaris

Webinar on Châteauneuf-du-Pape for fanatics?

Post by HarryKaris »

December 7th and 14th I will be hosting a Webinar for the French Wines Society in Washington DC about...yes...Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Along with the presentation and interactive communication we will taste and talk about a couple of wines.....

For more information:
http://www.frenchwinesociety.org/site.p ... &ver=conso

Further I would like to inform you that the official book presentation to the international press will be November 25th in Paris at restaurant Maceo. Several winemakers will pour their wines. Of course 'all' BWE friends are invited.
BTW, the New York Times (Eric Asimov) will publish a book review Wednesday November 18th.

Harry
stefan

Re: Webinar on Châteauneuf-du-Pape for fanatics?

Post by stefan »

We love to see your success, Harry. Congratulations!

stefan
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

That's great Harry, I will be sure to look in on the webinar. Nothing like this ever happened when I lived in the DC area (I'd put a smilie here of some sort but they've gone awol at the moment - oops, there they are now :) ).
Chasse-Spleen

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

Harry,
Congrats on the success of your book and other endeavours. I want to ask you a simple question. I've started to write a wine column for a local monthly newspaper called West View News here in the West Village, NYC. My next column is going to be about Rhone wines. In my research I've noticed that there aren't a lot of 2007 CNdPs on the shelves yet. When can they be expected?
Thanks,
Chris
Rick

Post by Rick »

Harry

I have read your book cover to cover..........don't give me a test but I really enjoyed it

used it to research some 07 CdPs ....I had read Mourvedre was very good in 07 and had remembered you had noted a few wines that were made with large % Mourvedre so I just went and found that in your book and looked up those wines

I called the importer Alain Junguenet, Wines of France, spoke to Alain about were I could find this wine in Chicago. When I mentioned your book he immediately knew who you were .........

Now if the local distributor will follow through and get 2007 Mas de Boislauzon Chateauneuf du Pape le Tintot (100% Mourvedre) RP94pts from him I can try it.

rick

Rick
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

Will you be hosting the webinar in DC? If so, there has been some discussion about having Jim come for a dinner with the DC area chapter. Would you be available?
HarryKaris

Post by HarryKaris »

Jay, no I am hosting this sitting in my own lazy chair at home...........online presentation and contacts.
But I've been invited to do an official book presentation in Washington DC maybe in January and I would love to have dinner together.

CdP-Harry
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

HarryKaris wrote:Jay, no I am hosting this sitting in my own lazy chair at home...........online presentation and contacts.
But I've been invited to do an official book presentation in Washington DC maybe in January and I would love to have dinner together.

CdP-Harry
Sounds good. There has been discussion of our BD coming to town for a December dinner but I think we should move the event to January to coincide with your presentation-good antidote for the post holiday slump! Please keep me posted on your dates.