TNs: 2005 La Vieille Cure and 1982 Ch. du Tertre

Ramon_NYC

TNs: 2005 La Vieille Cure and 1982 Ch. du Tertre

Post by Ramon_NYC »

1982 Ch. du Tertre, Margaux
Deep ruby and plum color. What a nose! Leather, wet earth, cigar and fresh meat. Ripe fruit, sweet fine tannin, slight acidity. Medium bodied, this wine is smooth as silk and easy to drink. This bottle is drinking well, but I think this is pretty much it and I'd be drinking my last remaining 2 within the next 3 years. Oh, and btw, back then the label still displayed the historical name of the plateau where du Tertre is and this is Arsac. A-

2005 Ch. La Vieille Cure, Fronsac
Poured into a decanter 2 hours before dinner. Even after 4+ hours, this wine is like sucking on a bark of tree. Nothing, completely shut. The last one I had, about 6 months ago, which I poured and left in the decanter for 6+ hours, was much slighlty more open. Closed phase?
Chasse-Spleen

Re: TNs: 2005 La Vieille Cure and 1982 Ch. du Tertre

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

Man, what a contrast!
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

Good call, Chris -- one fading into the sunset and one whose sun hasn't even risen, but some dinners are like that.

'82 du Tertre was a really tough customer for a long time -- at least two decades. I'd give the wine a much longer life expectancy since it took 20 years to come together...
Ramon_NYC

Post by Ramon_NYC »

Tom In DC wrote:Good call, Chris -- one fading into the sunset and one whose sun hasn't even risen, but some dinners are like that.

'82 du Tertre was a really tough customer for a long time -- at least two decades. I'd give the wine a much longer life expectancy since it took 20 years to come together...
Actually, the wines were consumed at separate dinners at home last week. I was simply compiling my TNs.
I'm happy to note, though, that my last 2 bottles of du Tertre has potentially longer life expectancy.