TN: TN 07Janasse Chaupin

Rick

TN: TN 07Janasse Chaupin

Post by Rick »

I was on the plane and the doors shutting ....time for a quick text to Kathy after all I wanted a good wine when I got home
Please open a 07 Janasse CdP not the Chaupin or VV or the CdR but the regular CdP......well my sweet wife grabbed the first Janasse she came upon not understanding the differences I was trying to point out. Well I have had to suffer through drinking the Chaupin again the last two nights - worst things could happen.

• 2007 Domaine de la Janasse Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Chaupin - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (1/6/2010)
    I guess I just like this wine .....lots of complexity and layers, fig, tar, spices, tropical fruit intermixed with the tannins, long finish a bit hot and alch shows through nose of spice ans sweet fruits ...from the nose you know it is good (94 pts.)
  • 2007 Domaine de la Janasse Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Chaupin - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (11/5/2009)
    a beauty, dark fruits, long finish, evenly balanced no hot finish, spicy ,some coco....this should just get better and better for years (94 pts.)
  • 2007 Domaine de la Janasse Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Chaupin - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (9/13/2009)
    I had very high expectations from this wine and it delivered a big impressive wine but we all picked the 07 vieux donjon as better wine with a 4 different game dinners - great food selection for these CdPs
    openned at 2p left standing , decanted at resturant and drank around 630p
    massive dark color very rich, great spicy nose and a little heat
    huge mouth full of spice, one of the most spicy wines i can remember but matched well with the grilled,herb rubbed ostrich I had
    strawberries, black licorice and leather............ordered a few more bottles (94 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
JCNorthway

Re: TN: TN 07Janasse Chaupin

Post by JCNorthway »

What a tough rut you are stuck in, Rick!

Jon
Rick

Re: TN: TN 07Janasse Chaupin

Post by Rick »

I am drinking the regular CdP Janasse tonight

Jon, I am doing some buying at Binnys on Saturday...tomorrow I am going on a scouting trip to select my kill
They have 6 btls of the 98 pt Farrand set aside for me already