93 Amiot MSD Millandes: Right time; right place

stefan

93 Amiot MSD Millandes: Right time; right place

Post by stefan »

Sometimes you drink the right wine at the right time and place. Tonight we drank
1993 Pierre Amiot MSD Les Millandes (1er Cru).

We have drunk this wine several times and like it a lot. But tonight the circumstances as well as the wine provided Lucie and me a special experience. Lucie was cooking Coq au Vin for a dinner party on Saturday, and we drank some left over 2003 Joseph Sabon Clos du Mont-Olivet CdP while she was working at the cook top. This is a pretty good CdP that we have enjoyed on numerous occasions. Lucie baked a few pieces of the chicken with soy sauce in the oven and served it with baked potatoes, and I poured us glasses of the Amiot. Wow! After the rather coarse southern Rhone, it was great to have the kind of wine I love; pinot from the underbrush that has perfect balance and a finish that goes on and on. Wonderful flavors of cranberries and pomegranates. Simon & Garfunkle & Pandora friends in the background added a nice accent. Easily a 93 point wine for me and Lucie, holding back, said it deserves 92 points.

Life is good.
AlexR

Re: 93 Amiot MSD Millandes: Right time; right place

Post by AlexR »

Hi Stefan,

After my recent trip, and reading notes like yours, I'm thinking of getting more into Burgundy too :-).

And they don't (as a rule of thumb) take so darned long to come around!

Alex
DavidG

Re: 93 Amiot MSD Millandes: Right time; right place

Post by DavidG »

I love when that happens!