last dinner in Seattle, more Washington wines

Nicklasss

last dinner in Seattle, more Washington wines

Post by Nicklasss »

My last dinner in Seattle. I went alone (yes I know, it is sad) to the Purple wine bar and café. Nice place with good selection of wines. The place seems popular as it was full. I ate 7 ''tapas'' size plate, and they were all really good (especially their dungeness crab salad with julienne vegetables). I took a round of 5 white wines from Washington State, in the discovery wine menu.

First 4 are 2008.

Efeste ''Feral'' sauvignon blanc : super acidic, cat wiwi, grass, barely drinkable, I left the glass half full.
Martedi winery riesling : this second wine was a good change from the first. fruity style riesling, with kind of lime, minerals. My secon favorite tonight.
Challenger ridge pinot gris : my favorite tonight. Really genuine to the grape. Roasted pears, smoke, honey, thick, long, but still in balance. Excellent.
K vintners viognier : I'm not a fan of viognier and it is not that wine that will make me change my mind. But nice effort anyway, with honey melon (I don't like any melon, except the watermelon), wax. Well, my second non favorite.

Last one was the 2006 Milbrandt vineyard ''sundance'' Chardonnay : candy, acetaldehyde, sweet bananas, fresh, clean. Well, in the middle tonight but far away from Bourgogne or even Aussie chard.

I need to fll my suitcase, leaving early tomorrow. I'm so excited to go back home, after staying 11 days far away from Simone. As I will be at home around 11:00 pm tomorrow, I can't wait for Saturday morning and see Simone reaction. I'm missing her, and can't wait to have her in my arms.

Nic
AlexR

Re: last dinner in Seattle, more Washington wines

Post by AlexR »

Hi Nic,

Great to read your posts from Seattle.

Thanks for sharing.

Have a good trip back,

All the best,
Alex