BWE '10 Saturday Night Dinner: Champagne reception

JimHow

BWE '10 Saturday Night Dinner: Champagne reception

Post by JimHow »

Jon has finalized the menu with the restaurant and he will be posting it shortly.
Before he can finalize the price for the Saturday night dinner, though, we need to know whether we want to have people bring Champagne to the event or whether we should set aside extra money in the cost of the Saturday night dinner to purchase Champagne for the event.

Any thoughts?
SF Ed

Re: BWE '10 Saturday Night Dinner: Champagne reception

Post by SF Ed »

We will drink much better if we bring Champagne from our cellars. The downside is the weight of the bottles to ship/lug. I would think all things considered it might be easier if we just pony up the cash - that way we all drink the same thing. But if someone brings vintage Krug I will hold my glass out for some :)

SF Ed
Rick

Post by Rick »

SF Ed
You are correct it would be so rude to make folks carry heavy bottles and hurt themselves before the big fight...however I may need help getting them to the event

I copied below from cellar tracker all the Champagne I have in my cellar - I happily declare what a wonderful occassion to use this up....after all I do not want it to spoil:):) plus it is just hard to store!!

I am not much of a Champagne guy so if you all want to help me pick out which wines will calm the masses while the fighters get ready

4 - 1990 Charles Heidsieck Champagne Brut Millésimé (France, Champagne) 2002-2010 CT91.9
1 - 1990 Moët & Chandon Champagne Cuvée Dom Pérignon (France, Champagne) 2005-2025 IWC93(+?), JK95+M, JG95, CT95
1 - 1988 Pol Roger Champagne Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill Brut (France, Champagne) 2001-2012 IWC94, LF, JK94, CT94.2
2 - 1990 Pol Roger Chardonnay Champagne Vintage (France, Champagne) set...
1 - 1990 Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne Brut Vintage Reserve (Gold Label) (France, Champagne) 2001-2012 IWC92, CT89.8

Let me know how many bottles do we need and which ones

Thanks
Ri ck
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

You are a great American Ricky....
Your benevolent dictator thanks you....
Rick

Post by Rick »

For 33 people, not all of whom will drink much but if these are good we will have a few refills, how many Champagnes do i need to bring? If I do not need all for Saturday I could use on Thursday and Friday nights - so no worries about the going to waste:)

rick
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

My guess is people will drink 4-6 oz each on average. That's about a glass each, but probably relatively small pours of several different wines. So 4-6 oz/person times 33 people is 130-200 oz, divided by 25 oz/btl gives you 6-8 bottles. I would plan on 8 bottles but don't open them all at once. But check with our esteemed math professor from Texas before you make any final decisions.
Michael-P

Post by Michael-P »

Do we have a start time for the big event?