TN 2000 Ch Garraud, Lalande de Pomerol

Houndsong

TN 2000 Ch Garraud, Lalande de Pomerol

Post by Houndsong »

Snowy Wednesday evening. Typical Front Range springtime, snowing March-Memorial Day (if we're lucky). Haven't had this one since release and it's a strong beginning. Dark but matte color with some bronze hues, solid bouquet with a little shoe polish and lot of black plum skin. Tannins resolving and this has a lot of fruit, tasting a bit secondary and with nice round acidity. Just a bit of roasted coffee in the end.
Houndsong

Re: TN 2000 Ch Garraud, Lalande de Pomerol

Post by Houndsong »

This wine gave the last measure of devotion. I thought it vital and full yet somehow placid. Like a cool, deep lake. I have one or maybe two more and I think I'll drink them with steaks this year.
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

This has been an entry-level "wine of a certain age" for decades (that's as far back as I can go...)

They seem to hold good vintages back until they should be ready, and then price the wines at a "who could resist?"/"how can we go wrong?" level. The wines always seem to be just OK, but better than you would expect given the marketing plan, so I guess everyone's a winner.
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

I got this and the 98, which I liked better, in about 01 and 03 for the respective vintage release. Got it at Total Beverage in Ffx County. They have a certain number of satellite Bdx that I really never saw elsewhere.
rjsussex

Post by rjsussex »

My memory is that the owners also make a small quantity of a Pomerol called L'Ancien? The 98 was £20 and rather oaky but certainly good.

Richard
William P

Post by William P »

Gotta love those 2000s!