A terrific Barbaresco: 2000 Cortese Rabaja

jal

A terrific Barbaresco: 2000 Cortese Rabaja

Post by jal »

WIth a tri-tip grass fed steak and lemon mashed potatoes, the wine started thin and acidic but in no time (about five minutes) opened up beautifully. Nice shiny color - somewhere between ruby and terracotta, the nose is not too pronounced but on the palate it is delicious: Bright, pure and focused, with excellent structure and yummy flavors. It will get probably even better in the next few years, so no rush to open.
Best

Jacques
Comte Flaneur

Re: A terrific Barbaresco: 2000 Cortese Rabaja

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Sounds delicious Jacques...for our dinner we could altenatively do another "Italian job" - Pappa Doc has been making noises in that direction too...I am going home mid-Feb to raid my cellar
Roberto

Post by Roberto »

`Jacques,

A beautiful wine note. I have had this wine somewhere along the way. I don't think it was the '00. It might have been an '82. I love Barolo.

Roberto
jal

Post by jal »

Comte Flaneur wrote:Sounds delicious Jacques...for our dinner we could altenatively do another "Italian job" - Pappa Doc has been making noises in that direction too...I am going home mid-Feb to raid my cellar
Since you missed the Brunello Ian, we definitely should have another "Italian job". Roberto, we're going to have to get you over here.
Best

Jacques
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Thanks Jal,

I will look for that wine, as I have a soft spot with Barbaresco.Most of the time, I find it more interesting than Barolo.

Nic