TN 2007 Frescobaldi Castiglioni Toscano IGT

Houndsong

TN 2007 Frescobaldi Castiglioni Toscano IGT

Post by Houndsong »

This wine was being flogged all over the place after pocketing 93 pts from the Sucker. He may be on to something here. Rather bold but balanced. In need of decanting for a couple of hours - not closed but the fruit although dark is prominent and awkward/unformed on opening. This had some nice coffee flavors and ultimately settled in to a really nice wine with excellent sweetness and structure. Subdued oak. Balnced acidity giving the wine good life. Pinprick tannins throughout. Cab, cab franc, merlot and sangiovese. Very interesting.
PappaDoc

Re: TN 2007 Frescobaldi Castiglioni Toscano IGT

Post by PappaDoc »

Hound,

You do have a nose for bargins with quality! I drank a btl of this over a five night period. It got better and better with an excellent start on day one. I call it "Bordeaux Italian Style" because of the inner warmth it has. I'm going to buy three more and drink one a year to see how it developes. Hey, It's a very affordable experiment.

I've seen it as low as $17.00 per btl., it's usually $20-$25.

Now if you can find me Truffels at a good price..................
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

That's interesting Papa because at the end I thought if I were to guess I might have said modernish right banker. I did buy it off of one of Z's email specials. $12 shipping too. The last glass was by far the best, very settled and very enjoyable.
jal

Post by jal »

I bit and bought a sixpack (for $99), and opened a bottle Monday; it is a very decent wine wine for the price and went very well with grilled eggplant parmesan.
Best

Jacques