TN: A champagne and the 2004 Castelgiocondo

Nicklasss

TN: A champagne and the 2004 Castelgiocondo

Post by Nicklasss »

Last week, I've been invited to a work collegue place for dinner. I brought a Blanc Souverain Champagne from Henriot and again, I really liked the stuff. Medium size bubbles, nose is bit of rancio, bread crust, toffey, sweet apples. In mouth, refined, long, balanced, good acidity, bread crust, minerals. I really like that Champagne. TN : 93.

With dinner, I have brought a 2004 Castelgiocondo Frescobaldi Brunello di Montalcino. Dark wine, nice elegant nose of violet flowers, red berries, rasnerries, herbs and some oaky toffey. Medium to strong nose. In mouth, refined, good core of dark berries and rasberries. Flowers, wood and oak. Long sweet leather tobacco finish, Fine tannins. Dry at the end. I liked it, still primary, and think it will develop well in the next 7-8 years. Not verly concentrated. TN : 90+.

Nic
stefan

Re: TN: A champagne and the 2004 Castelgiocondo

Post by stefan »

We had another bottle of '98 Henriot Brut last night. I also like the style of this house.
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

stefan wrote:We had another bottle of '98 Henriot Brut last night. I also like the style of this house.
+1
PappaDoc

Post by PappaDoc »

The 96 Henriot is "Old School" with big toasty Bisquets, honey and hazelnut finish. Similar to the way Krug used to be, or Bollingers style.

Go on Wine Searcher to find a 6 pack sale of $54 per btl with a six pack purchase.