Assorted TN of mostly Bordeaux wines

Junior

Assorted TN of mostly Bordeaux wines

Post by Junior »

Saved a few interesting TN for the new website.
1998 Chateau Angelus – well balanced wine with dark and brooding blackcurrant fruit but still remains a little reserved. Try again in a few years. (B)
1982 Chateau La Fleur-Petrus – rich, focussed flavours of blackberry, plum, hints of vanilla and chocolate. Lovely wine, just breaking up on the end palate after 2 hours in the glass. (B+)
1990 Chateau Leoville Barton – textbook claret with some leafy characteristics. Medium bodied and ready. Very good but not overly exciting. (B)
2005 Chateau Puygueraud – rich berry laden fruit encased in strong tannins at present. Some potential but need to revisit in a few years.
1997 Isole e Olena Collezione de Marchi Cabernet Sauvignon – silky palate with dark berry and cassis infused with olives; fine savoury mouthfeel in that alluring Italian fashion. Simply delicious and finished very quickly. (A)

Kind Regards,

Junior
Roberto

Re: Assorted TN of mostly Bordeaux wines

Post by Roberto »

Junior,

Keep those notes coming. I have never had the '82 La Fleur-Petrus but your note makes me want to find a bottle. The '98 Angelus is a big wine. I think the '95, while also a baby, is drinking better today. Hopefully the '95 and '98 Angelus will match the '89 /'90 duo.

Roberto
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

I could swear I replied to this earlier and the board ate my message, but maybe I just didn't hit "Submit" - anyway...

Thank you for the data point on the '98 Angelus. I have a few of these and was thinking it might be time to crack one. Sounds like I'd be smarter to let it rest a few more years.

Great first post - welcome aboard!
PappaDoc

Post by PappaDoc »

Nice notes Junior. Didn't you post on the old BWE?
Junior

Post by Junior »

PappaDoc wrote:Nice notes Junior. Didn't you post on the old BWE?
Yes but only infrequently as I don't get the chance to drink Bordeaux wines too often.

Kind Regards,

Junior