TN: 2000 Domaine Leflaive Bourgogne Blanc (France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Blanc)

Roberto

TN: 2000 Domaine Leflaive Bourgogne Blanc (France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Blanc)

Post by Roberto »

• 2000 Domaine Leflaive Bourgogne Blanc - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Blanc (2/13/2009)
    This wine has aged well. The nose you would expect from Leflaive with popcorn notes and roasted nuts. The palate is mature but still has lift and focus. This went very well with Talapia and capers. The fruit is ripe. Not a blockbuster but a lot of fun for what it is. This is a bottling that I drink on a regular basis. This vintage has lasted well.(90 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
JScott

Re: TN: 2000 Domaine Leflaive Bourgogne Blanc (France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Blanc)

Post by JScott »

Leflaive has possibly become my all around favorite white Burgundy. There are some other producers I adore (Ramonet comes to mind) but the price of admission is such that you really can't drink them very often. Leflaive at the upper end ain't cheap, either, but you can get some decent bottlings without a nose bleed.
sdr

Re: TN: 2000 Domaine Leflaive Bourgogne Blanc (France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Blanc)

Post by sdr »

Nice note, Roberto.

Leflaive is pricey compared to other white Burg producers, but there is rarely a dissapointment. And so far, at least in my experience, the incidence of oxidized bottles is low.

~stuart
Roberto

Post by Roberto »

Stuart,

Like you I love White Burgundy. I just got tired of getting burned by the Pre-Mox plauge. I stick to Leflaive and have not been burned. I have never had an affected bottle. It is a shame that this problem has devistated White Burgundy. I like them with age and other than Leflaive, I would not be comfortable aging the wines.

Roberto