Produttori del Barbaresco

rjsussex

Produttori del Barbaresco

Post by rjsussex »

I owe it to this board (obliquely) to my falling upon this source of superb-value Nebbiolo - and fallen I am, smitten in fact - and what a pleasure that it's a cooperative, the best in Europe, best in the world, as often described.

Anyway, their 07 and 08 Langhe Nebbiolo (in effect declassified Barbaresco) is my house wine. I come home in the train longing for it (how sad!): and I'm not sure which I prefer. Have yet to put them side by side but 07 is richer and 08 more perfumed. Think the 08 might be the winner in time. Adore this wine (c£14).

The Barbaresco 06 I have is lot 9.120 and has the Cru juice in it (see other thread: after lot 9.110 is the cut-off): this is terrific but needs time. The nose is cherry liqueur and the wine is tight, surly and actually seems to fade in the last glass at present. But (at c£23) this is a world-class bargain, equivalent to Ier cru Burg at village price.

And Aldo Vacca, in charge of the outfit, answers emails by return.

Richard
Blanquito

Re: Produttori del Barbaresco

Post by Blanquito »

I agree, Richard. Just curious: notice any difference between the lots of the 2006?
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

Blanquito wrote:I agree, Richard. Just curious: notice any difference between the lots of the 2006?
Bastardo!
marcs

Post by marcs »

rjsussex wrote:The Barbaresco 06 I have is lot 9.120 and has the Cru juice in it (see other thread: after lot 9.110 is the cut-off): this is terrific but needs time. The nose is cherry liqueur and the wine is tight, surly and actually seems to fade in the last glass at present. But (at c£23) this is a world-class bargain, equivalent to Ier cru Burg at village price.

Richard
Unfortunately, there's only one way this ends -- with Produttori at $80+ a bottle. For the Langhe Nebbiolo.
JonoB

Post by JonoB »

Don't worry, I'll save you all from this dastardley juice!

Send it all to me for my consumption and to keep the price down. ;)
Jonathan Beagle's Wine Blog
An explanation of my 100 point scoring system

Sake Consultant for SAKE@UK the Sake Import Division of JAPAN@UK

President of the Cambridge University Wine Society 2015-2016

(ITB)
rjsussex

Post by rjsussex »

Sorry I've only got the Lot 9.120 Barbaresco so I can't comment on the non-cru blend (before Lot 9.110).
Best
Richard