Happy Thanksgiving // 2001 Prunotto Barbaresco

Bacchus

Happy Thanksgiving // 2001 Prunotto Barbaresco

Post by Bacchus »

I'd like to wish all the Americans on the site a happy thanksgiving. Of course in Canada we did thanksgiving back in October --well the crops and snow come earlier up here :-)

I made a pasta dish the other day -- rotini -- with an olive oil based sauce containing such yummy things as kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, sauteed onions, red bell peppers, asparagus tips, garlic, hot (only medium really) italian sausage, and a number of other ingredients. For a wine I chose the 2001 Prunotto Barbaresco Bric Turot. This wine is in a very nice place right now. I love it's balance. To me the relationship between the acid and tannins comes together right where they're supposed to, in the back portion of my mouth. Nice body, between medium and heavy. Nicely velvet. Flavours of dark fruit, but not stewed. A bit of tobacco leaf action, as one internet commentator might say; perhaps damp tobacco leaf. A bit of soil, and some liquorice too. Still, secondaries only starting to develop, but it's very drinkable right now. Good barbaresco. If I have to use P*rker points -- 91+
RDD

Re: Happy Thanksgiving // 2001 Prunotto Barbaresco

Post by RDD »

Hi Bachus:
Sounds like a good meal.
I noticed in another post you mentioned Newfoundland. Are you a Newfoundlander?
Rob
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

I'm not a native son, Rob, but I've been here 15 years now; so I guess the answer is yes. Although here there are some that won't count you as a Newfoundlander unless your "people" have been here for at least 3 generations, and sometimes that isn't even long enough. :-)
RDD

Post by RDD »

Bacchus,
My Mom was born and rasied in St Jonhs.
I plan to make it for visit some time.