15% off mixed cases in New Hampshire

JimHow

15% off mixed cases in New Hampshire

Post by JimHow »

I think I'm going to get some 2002 Dom Perignon and 2008 Jadot Pommard Grands Epenots.
Any other deals out there, fellow Massachusetts BWEers?
Gerry M.

Re: 15% off mixed cases in New Hampshire

Post by Gerry M. »

Jim,

Andy let me know about the sale the other day and I'm happy to say it coincided with a the receipt of the transfer of the last four bottles in the state of 07' Lafaurie. The net ended up at $21.50/btl. Other than that I picked up a few bottles of 08' Jadot to round out the case. Beyond that I really didn't see much, at least at the Nashua store.

I did notice that the Manchester store has a case of 05' Lynch-Bages at $85/btl before disc. I've read mixed reviews but that might be a good deal.

I could be wrong but I think the Dom might be excluded from the sale. PLEASE correct me if that's not the case!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Very, very well done, Gerry.
I'll let you know on the Dom.
Chasse-Spleen

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

Speaking of Lynch Bages, check this out for sticker shock. Maybe my eyes deceived me, but one day recently I saw that they had LB '06 at Warehouse for $60. (they keep them under glass and out of the way - the basic clientele rarely goes in that direction) I thought, "I'll definitely grab one of those when my fortunes improve." Ha! I went back the other day and they had changed the price to $110! $%#@!

-Chasse
JEP_62

Post by JEP_62 »

I went up last week and the Dom was excluded from the sale. At least that's what the sticker said. $110 is still a pretty good price for the '02 Dom.

I didn't see too much that interested me. I needed a bottle of Corton Charlemagne so I grabbed one and filled up a case with Cousino Macul RVS Cab and Beringer Knight's Valley Cab which IMHO, are both good QPR's that can benefit from a little age.

Gerry, did they give you the 15% on the '08 Jadot wines? Those were marked "allocated" so I wasn't sure if that excluded them from the sale. If they gave you the 15%, I may go grab some of those.

Andy
Gerry M.

Post by Gerry M. »

Andy, yes they did. I guess "allocated" is not to be confused with "exclusive"

The Dom is probably excluded from the sale but is does not hurt to give a bottle to a cashier and ask them to check if they ring up 12 and see if the discount takes. It's happened to me before for a pleasant surprise.