Open That Bottle Night NYC 2/28

gregory dal piaz

Open That Bottle Night NYC 2/28

Post by gregory dal piaz »

As a long time lurker I recognize quite a few names from among the regulars here who I have met over the years in the NYC wine geek circles. I am organizing a BYOB event for OTBN 2009 on Saturday February 28th. I just wanted to extend an invitation to you all to join me in Manhattan for a dinner and wine sharing evening. I will be bringing a double Magnum of 1971 Borgogno Barolo to get us all started and look forward to sharing several other bottles through the course of the evening. Additional details can be found here http://tinyurl.com/cz4a2u. I hope some of you can join us for this event. It would be great to meet you and share our common passion. Thanks very much. Gregory
PappaDoc

Re: Open That Bottle Night NYC 2/28

Post by PappaDoc »

Greg,
By coincidence three people spoke highly of you this evening. Dale, Ramon, and Chris. I chimed in that you are a good customer at Zachys :-) Actually all of them extolled your generosity. A trait very common on BWE. I'd love to attend if I can. I've read your note on other boards and am happy you are posting here. BWE is your kind of people, I'm certain you'll agree in the very near future.

Thanks,

PappaDoc
gregory dal piaz

Post by gregory dal piaz »

Well I hope to add more here. The camaraderie and civil tone is lacking elsewhere. It would be wonderful if I get to meet some of you on the 28th, but if not I am sure we shall meet soon. With friends like Dale, Ramon and Chris I know I am missing out but not participating more with the BWE. Thank you all for your kind words, they are much appreciated. And thank you PappaDoc for your thoughtful reply.

Greg
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

Welcome Gregory. I can't make this dinner but maybe next time.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Welcome Gregory, I'm in Maine and won't be able to make it for your February 28th dinner, but I hope to drink some wines with you and other NYC BWEers at some point in 2009. Jim
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Welcome, Gregory. Looks like a very nice dinner, I'm sure you'll have a blast. Let us know how some of those bottles turn out.
alchemeus

Post by alchemeus »

Gregory,

I recognize your name from somewhere. WLDG? Did you ever need Therapy?

I love Nebbiolo. Unfortunately I can rarely afford the ultimate expression of this grape. My experiences are often the lesser quality wines, or more aptly, the lesser known. I've had wonder experiences with Gattiniara (sp) and such.