TN: 2001 Joh. Jos. Prüm Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese

michael

TN: 2001 Joh. Jos. Prüm Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese

Post by michael »

It's been a while since I've posted anything on this site let alone a tasting note. Mostly this is because with now two little ones running around the house, we just drink less wine. Erika and I did break out this lovely wine for our anniversary though and I thought it interesting enough to share.
  • 2001 Joh. Jos. Prüm Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer (2/7/2011)
    Last bottle of this, wish I had more. Still a little effervescent. Nice honey color in the glass. Lots of petrol, honeysuckle, slate, and stone fruit on the nose and palate. Wonderful! (95 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
DavidG

Re: TN: 2001 Joh. Jos. Prüm Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese

Post by DavidG »

Happy Anniversary and welcome back! Great wine, thanks for the note. I still have one of these in the cellar. Sounds like it is good to go.
Claret

Post by Claret »

I only have one untasted bottle as this was very hard to find in NJ back then. JJ Prum WS Spatlese if my favorite white wine.
Glenn
michael

Post by michael »

It's very ready to go, although I don't think it'll be declining anytime soon either. A bottle had about two years ago showed had an almost identicle tasting note. Perhaps of note though is that the corks on these last two bottles were more saturated than I might expect for a wine this age.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

2001 German Riesling, spatlese and up, will live for 30+ years...