Wines with stefanJr

stefan

Wines with stefanJr

Post by stefan »

stefanJr stopped for the weekend between colloquium trips to St. Louis and Houston. After a family scramble on the golf course, which was pretty weird for me because I am basically like a drunk at all times with this stupid Ramsay Hunt Syndrome, while Lucie grilled quail we ate cheese and drank

1975 Brane-Cantenac. This wine exceeded my expectations. The tannins are now completely resolved and the Margauxberries are in bloom.

2004 Robert Chevillon Roncieres. Chevillon did well in 2004 IMO. This NSG has good structure and various flavors, including peanut butter from the forest. Nice for drinking now, but no need to hurry.

2001 Dujac Clos de la Roche. My supply of 2001 Burgundy continues to dwindle. The Dujac is fullish with mostly primary flavors, but the bouquet has developed enough that it is a pleasure to drink. If you have a case, drink a bottle a year for the next 12 years.
Ramon_NYC

Re: Wines with stefanJr

Post by Ramon_NYC »

Given my hit-or-miss experiences with aged Brane-Cantenacs, the hits have also exceeded my expectations. That '75 sounds like in perfect drinking shape.

Thanks for the Chevillon TN. One of my preferred producer but have skipped buying the 2004s. I'll start to keep an eye out.

I've had a couple of Dujac's, and they do very well with the Clos de la Roche.
alchemeus

Re: Wines with stefanJr

Post by alchemeus »

Doncha just love it when a kept wine delivers? Congrats! 1975, my first year at University, 36 years ago.

Damn! I'm getting old.