weather, not wine specifically

alchemeus

weather, not wine specifically

Post by alchemeus »

OK. Last Winter we got pounded. 19 inches then 12 inches plus the big 27 incher, and 4 inches here and 6 inches there and what not. This year dry, South and North of us pounded while we escaped with a total thus far of 18 inches of snow give or take. 2 or so today with a quarter of an inch of underlying sleet. Damn heavy ass crap for what it was.

Winters are getting weird around here. Colder, COLD since oh, November. Acutally a colder September and October too. Heck, maybe teens tonight. High today was 35, normal is 48. But dry. Climate Change? Dunno, but it's been getting weird.

Wonder the climates in Bordeaux, Burgandy, et al? How are the vines doing?
Jay Winton

Re: weather, not wine specifically

Post by Jay Winton »

I'm tired of the cold. My old and getting older bones and joints complain constantly and keep saying "winter in Florida". The last two winters here make me think I'm living in New England or even Maine (God help me!)
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Yeah, it has been another brutal winter up here. Cold as a witch's nipple.
alchemeus

Post by alchemeus »

JimHow wrote:Yeah, it has been another brutal winter up here. Cold as a witch's nipple.
"Colder than a witch's tit..." with add-ons a common descriptor. "in a brass bra" most common. Low of 14 this AM, no telling how cold in Maine.

The official temps for the entire DC area are taken from the National Airport which basically sits in the middle of the Potomac. We'll be anywhere from 5 to 20 degrees colder here, just around 30 mile NW, and about 500 feet higher. They should have kept the official DC weather at the National Observatory.

BTW, coldest I can report from my outside electronic thermometer is -7. Several years ago. Though I have often seen it (especially last year) in the single digits.