Tonight, an interesting California wine

Nicklasss

Tonight, an interesting California wine

Post by Nicklasss »

Still in Louisville, we had a really nice business diner at Vincenzo's, an authentic Italian restaurant. Food was super. We had a 2007 Peppoli Chianti that was good, but a bit lean and modern.

Before going to the diner, I invite a collegue to have a glass of the 2006 Chappellet Moutain Cuvée. That wine was really interesting for the relatively low price (23 $). Dark red color, the nose is a mix of dark red berries, rasberries, sage, wood, black licorice and dark currants. A really nice nose. In the mouth, this is well made, with the thick attack on slightly burned wood and dark cherries, good structure, lot of tannins, strong floral finish, and with some dark red currants. Long tannic finish, with slightly burning alcohol (14.8 %), that is the only negative part. Maybe a touch of bitter black chocolate. I would consider that one like one of the rarest interesting California wine, with a low price like that. Well done. TN : 88-89.

A mix of the 5 variety of grape from Bordeaux.

P.S. I also bought a bottle of the 2001 Freemark Abbet Bosché vineyard, but I'm bringing that back home.

Nic