TNs: Two recent from the Right Bank: Falfas & Lafleur du Roy

Otto Nieminen

TNs: Two recent from the Right Bank: Falfas & Lafleur du Roy

Post by Otto Nieminen »

• 2006 Château Falfas Le Chevalier - France, Bordeaux, Côtes de Bourg (2/13/2009)
    It was a bit too oaky to my taste and I had difficulty finding Bordeaux typicity. But on the more positive side, it did have attractive dark fruit coupled with brighter red tones. Strongly fruity but with pleasantly upright structure. Not a hugely memorable wine, but one that I might imagine I would like once the oak fades to the background.
  • 2005 Château Lafleur du Roy Cuvée des Lavandières - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, Pomerol (2/4/2009)
    25,60€; 13% abv. Dark red. The scent is surprisingly open even without decanting and shows dark fruit, spice and plummy Pomerol character. There is some oak that could use more time to integrate, but there is so much classic Pomerol character, too, that I am not worried about it. Full bodied, ripe fruit, ripe but pleasantly upright tannins, moderate acidity - it is a well balanced wine that shows some warm year character. Nice! Needs a couple years for the oak to integrate.
Posted from CellarTracker
Previously known as Geshtin.