Bordeaux column in the Washington Post today

Jay Winton

Bordeaux column in the Washington Post today

Post by Jay Winton »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00751.html

Dave McIntyre is a good writer and avoids the dreaded wine hype. I bought a case of the Prignac as I like the majority cab blends especially in everyday quaffers and for $9.99 on sale this week at Calvert-Woodley, the price is certainly right. I also got a case of the 05 Pichone-Bellevue ($12.99) from an app. I know little about Graves de Vayres. It is a direct import by Calvert-Woodley.
Jay Winton

Re: Bordeaux column in the Washington Post today

Post by Jay Winton »

Pearsons in DC has the Prignac for $8.99.
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

I bought my first Bordeaux at Pearsons. The 82 Ch. les Moines, du Cartillon, and Brahme les Tours. I think they were $4.99, 5.99 and 6.99, respectively. Obviously, they made some impression on me. Even then I desired a bargain, and frankly a bargain was necessary. It's becoming that way again. Good thing I'm used to it.
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

Houndsong wrote:I bought my first Bordeaux at Pearsons. The 82 Ch. les Moines, du Cartillon, and Brahme les Tours. I think they were $4.99, 5.99 and 6.99, respectively. Obviously, they made some impression on me. Even then I desired a bargain, and frankly a bargain was necessary. It's becoming that way again. Good thing I'm used to it.
I'm becoming more and more convinced 2005 is a bargain Bordeaux year given all the good wines I've tried that are well under $20.