Old BWE search index

billo

Old BWE search index

Post by billo »

I updated the old BWE search index to not go to MSN any longer.

This might be useful enough, or we might do a more elegant solution later.

http://bordeauxwine.org/bwe/swish.cgi

cheers,

billo
Houndsong

Re: Old BWE search index

Post by Houndsong »

Nice!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Great work, Bill, thanks!
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Great work, how'd you do that?!? The Phoenix rises from the ashes...
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

A lot of memorable stuff has been saved for posterity!
billo

Post by billo »

Phil is going to make a wrapper/link for it from the main site here.
jal

Post by jal »

Thank you so much Bill, this was my main concern about the move. I am very pleased and relieved.
Best

Jacques
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Indeed, Jacques. It would have been a tragedy to lose the wealth of information on the old site. I think bill said once that we had nearly 400,000 messages there.
Winona Chief

Post by Winona Chief »

I gave it a try and it seems to be working fine, many thanks!

Chris Bublitz
michael

Post by michael »

That's awesome. Thanks Billo
PappaDoc

Post by PappaDoc »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Jacques, and everyone else, this was one of my concerns. It would have been similar to the loss of old films in the Library of Congress. So many great snipets of life.

I experimented with finding this one.....

"The Great Escape"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PappaDoc1
Message 1 of 1 from PappaDoc1 date 8/3/2004 7:14 PM

I may have ruptured my Achilles Tendon playing tennis ten days ago. My Dr. ordered me to stay off my feet until I had an M.R.I., which I had this last Sat. My Loving Wife Stephanie (read "No-Nonsence Warden/Tough Love") has been seeing that I adhear to my Drs. advice: "Elevate your leg as much as possible, use crutches when hobbling around the apt. Stay home!"

Sunday Stephanie and her Mom went to visit our Daughters and Grandchildren in New Jersey. Hmm, I'm getting cabin fever and am hungry to boot. I called Ben to tell him I wouldn't be able to attend Gios' Birthday dinner Mon. evening. We hungup with Ben saying he was going to step out for a bite to eat.

Enter The Devil-I call Ben back "Lets go to Mr. Tangs." He agrees and leaves to pick me up. I climb out our window and rappel down the side of the building, neighbors talk you know. Strapped to my back are crutches, wine knapsack with a chilled 375 1989 Louis Latour Corton Charlemagne and a couple of wine stems.
Ben brings an 1999 Bruno Clair Corton Charlemagne, a wine I've never had, he says it's his favorite and was his favorite 99 at a 1999 White Burg tasting he hosted last year in Indiana. We roar off in a screeching cloud of dust and smoke.

We arrive at Mr. Tangs in 35 mins.(no traffic on Sunday afternoons) and order a Ginger/Scallion Lobster. The 1989 Latour is all honeysuckle with a slight hint of toasted marshmallow in the nose. The marshmallow note is from a little oxidation, the color is still wedding band gold with no browning, that heightens the sweetness of the Lobster which was superb.

Our next course is whole steamed Flounder, served in a special soy sauce with threads of ginger and cilantro garnish. The fish is fresh and delicate, I'd have belived it was caught that day. It pair perfectly with the 1999 Clair. The nose is lemon blossoms and crushed stone. The wines flavors are a synthesis of three communes,
Chablis (sea-shells), Puligny (nervous tension), and Meursault (roasted hazelnuts). The fruit is not over-ripe, the oak is barely preceptable, and the gentle acidity appears on the finish to give lift.

This wine wine has volume without amplification, a presence devoid of fanfare. Its sublety builds like clouds on the horizon at sunset. A deft caligraphic stroke in Chinatown.

I return to my "Cell" satiated, before "The Warden" makes her discovery. My accomplice rides off in the sunset.

This lifes is a great ride with only minor bumps,
Pappa

AKR
Message 2 of 2 from AKR date 8/3/2004 9:38 PM