2009 St. Innocent Village

William P

2009 St. Innocent Village

Post by William P »

Saw this at a restaurant in Oakland and thought I would give it a try. Glenn and Bll J have both strongly recommend this winery and I am jumping on the train. This was a lowly "village" wine, young but so easy to like. This not a french copy of burgundy, but still a pleasure. It is medium plus body, concentrated with a kiss of sweetness. It works. Some tannins but they are well intergrated. Nice finish. This is immediately accessible but should improve in the near future. The best part is the price at $20.00. I bought a case this morning.

There may be better vineyard bottlings from St. Innocent but for the price this is a perfect wine to enjoy when you don't want to open a mid-level bordeaux ($75-100). Needless to say I liked it, but those who don't like that Wilamette Valley sweetness probably should not buy a case.
Claret

Re: 2009 St. Innocent Village

Post by Claret »

I enjoyed the 2002, 2005 and 2007 versions of Villages Cuvee. I have not opened any of my 2008's yet.

St. Innocent is very consistent across their range. The word in general on the 2009 vintage is warm and ripe but way less extreme than 2003 and 2006. This sounds like the ticket for a mid term drinking vintage. The experience gained in these 2 hot vintages no doubt will yield better balanced wines.

I got my offer today for 2009 Le Cadeau and will probaly order half a case as I really like the terrior of this vineyard, but they are twice the price of the Villages Cuvee and on a different level quality wise.
Glenn