TN: 2006 Louis Jadot Gevrey-Chambertin

JimHow

TN: 2006 Louis Jadot Gevrey-Chambertin

Post by JimHow »

• 2006 Louis Jadot Gevrey-Chambertin - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin (2/28/2009)
    I would rank this wine between the 2006 Jadot Chambolle Musigny, which I give 90 points, and the 2006 Jadot Pommard, which I give 83 points. It has more substance to it than the medicinal Pommard, but it does not seem to be in a very good place right now. To me the class of the three was the Chambolle Musigny, which had very nice balance and a spicy character. I'll buy three or four more bottles of the Chambolle Musigny, but no more of the Gevrey Chambertin and Pommard. These wines may all get better with time, of course, but I'm most optimistic about the Chambolle Musigny. (87 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
Nicklasss

Re: TN: 2006 Louis Jadot Gevrey-Chambertin

Post by Nicklasss »

I bought some 2006 Meursault from Jadot. Did not open a bottle yet.

From your first comments on all those 2006 red Jadot, seems like a tougher vintage.

Nic
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

2006 does indeed seem quite different stylistically from 2005, Nic, as expected, although I've only tried a few 2006s from Potel and Jadot, not the experience yet that I had with 2005 Burgundy. The 2006s seem more structured but the Potel Nuits St. Georges and the Jadot Chambolle Musigny were both very enjoyable wines.
Chasse-Spleen

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

Jim,
Did you ever get that subscription to Burghound? I'm still trying to grab '05s for now. There's a producer that I've tried only once in the past but who has a good reputation, Domaine Henri Prudhon in St. Aubin. Also some holdings in Chassagne-Montrachet. I'm looking at their red wines. Both villages make very tasty rouges at good QPR. Anyway, if you did get that subscription, what did Burghound say about 2006? He definitely finds the good wines in any vintage.
-Chris
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I haven't gotten around to it yet, Chris, but I know a BWE or two has it on line.
Where's seattlite these days, anyway?
I bought three more bottles of the '06 Jadot gevrey Chambertin.
Rieslingfan

Post by Rieslingfan »

I don't know what the Jadot is consting you, but you can get Bachelet Cotes de Nuits Villages that blows away this negotiant stuff for about $30.

Don't get we wrong, I love Jadot, but their big production negotiant village wines are not their strong suit.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Thanks for the tip, Rieslingfan, I'll look for it. I paid $36 for the Jadot Chambolle Musigny.
Rieslingfan

Post by Rieslingfan »

Zachy's still has it for $29.99 on sale (that's where I got mine).
Chasse-Spleen

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

At Astor's Tuesday 15% off a region sale (Bougogne rouge and blanc this time), I just bought:

Henri Prudhon 2005 Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Sur le Sentier du Clou V.V. $25.50
Mongeard-Mugneret Hautes Cotes de Nuits 2006 $24
Edmond Cornu Bourgogne 2005 "Les Barrigards" $19

I can't wait to try the Mongeard-Mugneret for the both the producer and the vintage.

-Chris
alchemeus

Post by alchemeus »

Not being a Burgundy aficionado I always kinda was partial to Jadot. They always seemed...hmm...correct or something. Anyway, I liked them. Fine Wine got in Burgundy from a G-something family but was shut down from it as they missed something in the archaic and convoluted laws of Montgomery County. Damn too as they were some fine wines and not that expensive.

Tell the truth I love a really good Burgundy more than a really good Bordeaux. Reason is the rarity. Lots of good Bordeaux. Far rarer with Burgundy.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Tell the truth I love a really good Burgundy more than a really good Bordeaux.
Wow!
alchemeus

Post by alchemeus »

Jim,

Like I said, due to the rarity. Often I can realize the taste of a nice well blended Bordeaux and rare the taste of a true Burgundy.

St. Innocent in Oregon the same, kinda, for the New World Pinot Noir's. I've got some 1998's or 1999's that rock my world, but they ain't Burgundy.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I understand what you're saying, Alch.
The '96 DRC Grands Echezeaux that Jackdaw brought to a dinner once was one of my top five wine experiences ever.