Beringer private reserve 2007

Bacchus

Beringer private reserve 2007

Post by Bacchus »

I know Cali Cabs are a stretch for this group, but I was just wondering if anyone here has tried this. I went over to my local store for a 1/2 case of the '06 d'Issan and noticed they've put the 2007 Beringer Private Reserve on sale at 50% off!! Remaining focused on the d'Issan I resisted the urge. But who knows what I'll feel like tomorrow . . . :twisted: :lol:
DavidG

Re: Beringer private reserve 2007

Post by DavidG »

Haven't had this particular wine but my experience with '07 Cali Cabs has been extremely positive, and the Beringer PR should be outstanding. If you like lush, ripe fruit and plenty of it, I think you would love this. It wont ever turn into Bordeaux, however. Curious - how much is it at half off?
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Well this is Canada, David, and prices are significantly higher up here than they are in the States. So half off up here is probably close to regular list price down there. In any event, they're on for $82/bottle (about the same as the '06 d'Issan as it turns out). Regular price, I believe, is about $150. The moral of the story, don't buy wine in Canada! Still, it's what I have to work with, so for me, it's still half off, if you know what I mean.

p.s. I'll be going to a local wine auction next week, put on for charity. There's a couple of different vintages of Lafite available, '01s and '05s if I remember correctly. I wonder if I can snag a bottle for $50? :o :lol:
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

I bought a couple from WTSO. Back of the cellar for several years.
PaulF

Post by PaulF »

I had this on a cruise ship last week. It was $115 in the on board steak house, which I thought was fairly reasonable considering that a lot of $15 wines were priced over $60 per bottle.

This is typical of Beringer PR Cabs. If you like prior vintages, you'll like this. It's a very elegant wine with a good nose and cherry fruit that I find typical of this vintage. I didn't take a note but it was fairly reserved and opened up well over the coarse of the evening. I'd peg the optimum drinking window starting in 5 or 6 years. I'd be a buyer at half retail.