TN: 1999 Vincent Girardin Corton Bressandes

stefan

TN: 1999 Vincent Girardin Corton Bressandes

Post by stefan »

We ate seared tuna with a ginger, cilantro, and mushroom cream sauce and drank

1999 Vincent Girardin Corton Bressandes. There is some earth and tar in the nose. The wine tastes of fresh, sweet wild strawberries spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg. This wine is excellent now and should improve for up to five years. stefan 92. Lucie 95.
Jay Winton

Re: TN: 1999 Vincent Girardin Corton Bressandes

Post by Jay Winton »

Giradin makes generally excellent and competitively (for the region) priced red burgs, IMVHO. I had a wine one of his 1er (?) cru from Santenay a few months ago that was outstanding.
PappaDoc

Post by PappaDoc »

Although he uses a little more oak then I prefer, his reds are very well priced, always deliver plenty of concentration, and can handle the oak.. His whites have too much oak for me although I did like his 04 Meursault Narvaux and his 04 Combottes.

I've loved his 96, 99, and 05 Volnays. I'm also a fan of his Santanays, but keep an eye out for Jadots 05 Santeny Clos d' Malte. It's less that $30.00 and kicks butt.
PappaDoc

Post by PappaDoc »

Also any 99 Red Corton I've had has been most satisfying, from Drouhin, Bouchard, and Girardin. Most Grand Crus are still under $100.00 and are drinking well with a peak in the next five years.
Claret

Post by Claret »

I like the style of the reds and agree that the pricing is reasonable for the quality. I still have some 1995 and 1996 Corton, and Volnay Clos des Chenes.
Glenn