"Report this post" button

PhilR

"Report this post" button

Post by PhilR »

You know the triangle with an exclamation mark in it... I don't really like the look of that, I was thinking of removing it and putting a text link on the right-hand side instead, under "quote" in the same sized text. What do people think of that?
JimHow

Re: "Report this post" button

Post by JimHow »

Why do we even need a "report this post" button?
We don't currently have one on BWE.
My philosophy on BWE has been that we delete virtually nothing.
It is a major secret to the success of our site, in my opinion.
To the extent you managers have the ability to delete, it should be exercised virtually never, especially since I'm assuming there will be no spam here.
As I've said several times on the other site, I can count on two hands the number of times I've deleted a message on BWE in the past eight years.
PhilR

Post by PhilR »

Good point! I spose one situation where it might be useful though is when we have a lot of users and Moderators might miss unwanted posts and someone else could report them.

I've reported your post as a test, can you let me know if you get an email or something? I'm not really sure how it works ATM.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

A bar showed up on the "reported" post = probably visible only to managers. I clicked on the bar and got a "report" - with options to do a bunch of stuff. I clicked on "close report" and the bar disappeared. Didn't get any email.

I don't think we need the report this post button. We're not that busy. Can it be turned off, and then turned on again later if we decide we need it?
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

The good thing about all of this, be they avatars, or report this post buttons, or logos, is that we can change our minds and continue to tinker as we go along.
PhilR

Post by PhilR »

Yep OK, I'll get rid of it. If in the future we have problems with lots of bad posts it may help to have it turned on, but for now I prefer it without... less is more!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

less is more!

Indeed!

That will be our credo as we move forward to the other side in the days and weeks ahead.