Pavelot Savigny Dominode 02

rjsussex

Pavelot Savigny Dominode 02

Post by rjsussex »

This has ben painfully slow to evolve but tonight's bottle reveals enough to more than justify Allen Meadows' and Clive Coates' view (I think I represent them both accurately here) that Pavelot is the best address in Savigny - and many of us will share the view that Savigny is the best-value village in the Cotes (and I'm a Beaune rather than Nuits chap, if I have to choose). Dominode is Pavelot's best bottling (of many vineyards where he has vines). Bought en primeur at a very keen price - and these days his wines are more realistically priced - that is, like Bize, too expensive for me.

[Footnote: great value Savigny 05 may still be available from Lebrueil and Nicolas Rossignol.]

Anyway, this lovely burgundy is approaching maturity. Textured, plush but above all pure fruit - restrained and so stylish, not a discordant note, everything in balance, subtle and ethereal length and finish. Still young in the last tannic note. Very, very good.

Best

Richard
Claret

Re: Pavelot Savigny Dominode 02

Post by Claret »

I picked up a couple of bottles of the 2004 based on a retailer recommendation. I reckon that it still needs a few more years of sleep.
Glenn
PappaDoc

Post by PappaDoc »

I bought the 05 Pavelot Dominode and the 05 Pavelot Beaune Bressandes. I agree with you that Pavelot is the best source for Savigny and his Dominode is the best. I haven't bought much Bize since the 93 vintage. His prices became too high for me although they were quite good.
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

That reminds me I had one of these almost a year ago and it was just showing some appeal. This was a real nasty bugger at first. I'll pop another sometime in the near future.