TN: 2006 Château Beaulieu Comtes de Tastes (France, Bordeaux, Bordeaux Supérieur)

robertgoulet

TN: 2006 Château Beaulieu Comtes de Tastes (France, Bordeaux, Bordeaux Supérieur)

Post by robertgoulet »

• 2006 Château Beaulieu Comtes de Tastes - France, Bordeaux, Bordeaux Supérieur (12/14/2011)
    Clear notes of truffle and leather on the nose, the palate follows a similar path and adds another dimension of cherry lathered with shoe polish and hints of smoke and peat. Not the most balanced wine, but it's so tasty nonetheless. I freaking luv this stuff! Could make a good ringer in a higher end bordeaux tasting, it has a bit of a Smith Haut Lafitte profile... $15.99...all day...when this is on it's a back up the truck wine. (90 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
robertgoulet

Re: TN: 2006 Château Beaulieu Comtes de Tastes (France, Bordeaux, Bordeaux Supérieur)

Post by robertgoulet »

Seriously, none of the BWE's drink this? That would be a travesty, this wine rocks

s
Tom In DC

Re: TN: 2006 Château Beaulieu Comtes de Tastes (France, Bordeaux, Bordeaux Supérieur)

Post by Tom In DC »

I haven't had the '06, but the 2000, '02, '03, and '05 all seemed like ready-to-go, fairly simple Merlot-driven wines. I like more complexity even in my everyday drinkers, so I've never backed up the truck.
AKR

Post by AKR »

We had the 2009 version of this over the last couple of nights. It's good, not great. I thought the 2005 was better. 13.7% abv. red berry fruits, medium bodied, mature to tastes, some cocoa notes on the palate. no real bouquet/complexity. JJ Buckley tends to carry a good portion of Jeffrey Davies wines, which are usually not sold through La Place methods, and I like everything he brings over. And $12 a few years ago is a silly price for an estate that has been supposedly making wine for the last 1000 years. It's a B and enjoyable now. I wouldn't wait further on this Bordeaux Superieur.