TN: 2000 Château Marquis de Terme (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Margaux)

michael

TN: 2000 Château Marquis de Terme (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Margaux)

Post by michael »

A nice surprise from last night. Ah, to remember back to when I could buy decent 4th or 5th growths for less than $30. I bought a single bottle of this at release merely to check this estate's name off the list of the Medoc's classified growths I've tried. Now I wish I had bought a few more.
  • 2000 Château Marquis de Terme - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Margaux (1/17/2012)
    Wow, this was much better than expected. Nice nose, medium bodied, full across the palate, long finish. Developed nicely over an hour in the glass. This drinks well now, situated nicely between youthful power and mature subtleties. I'll have to see if more is available at a fair price. Wish I had bought more back on futures. (93 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
Blanquito

Re: TN: 2000 Château Marquis de Terme (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Margaux)

Post by Blanquito »

I've always had a soft spot for this Chateau. The 1989 and 1996 were/are excellent and this is one of those under-the-radar wineries that can really overperform in some vintages. I've never had the 2000 M-d-T, but it sounds terrific.
Ramon_NYC

Post by Ramon_NYC »

The 2004 version ain't too shabby either.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Good to know, Ramon.

I have some of the 2009 coming, and based on all the report (from professionals and enthusiasts), my hopes are high. I got if for a silly price too ($27/per).