PJ's futures?

pomilion

PJ's futures?

Post by pomilion »

I've bought in-stock wines from PJ's but not futures. Any thoughts on reliability, delivery time, etc.?
JimHow

Re: PJ's futures?

Post by JimHow »

My experience with their futures has been A++.
I'm ordering most of my 2009 Bordeaux from PJ's futures.
JonB

Post by JonB »

pomilion -I've had no problems with PJs in a couple of futures purchases. In my experience they are middle of the pack in terms of speed of delivery, they tend to deal with phone calls for communication, and are responsive. They tend not to use email (in particular, I prefer when merchants provide shipping status links, which PJs hasn't, but that is a minor consideration).
pomilion

Post by pomilion »

Jim and Jon -- thanks, very helpful. I've always had a vague but positive impression of PJ's based on general reputation and some in-stock transactions I've had with them, but I'm always a little nervous trusting someone new with futures given recent events (I've given up buying futures from PC, and I got some wines just in time from Sam's and Carolina Wine Company...). Appreciate the feedback!
Ramon_NYC

Post by Ramon_NYC »

I've purchased Bordeaux futures from PJs before and have no complaint with the transaction, delivery times and the bottles. I agree that they tend to do well with their phone communications.
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Can't go wrong with any vintage of GL. Great stuff. Traditional without being old fashioned, if you know what I mean. And Parker is just plain wrong about the 06. He must have been chewing gum the day he tasted/rated it!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Well done, pomilion. Very well done, indeed. Thank you for the enablement!
pomilion

Post by pomilion »

JimHow wrote:Well done, pomilion. Very well done, indeed. Thank you for the enablement!
Glad to be of service, Jim... It's a seriously good wine, every bit as impressive as virtually all of my other left bank favorites at the UGC tasting, including Lynch Bages, Pichon Baron, GPL and Pichon Lalande, all of which are considerably more scratch. I bought a case of the GL and am thinking of going back for a little more.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Gruaud, hmm. I was thinking seriously about that one but pulled the trigger on Talbot instead because of predicted drinking windows. Early reports had the Gruaud needing a lot longer to come around. I didn't buy many long-term '09s, mostly less expensive short-termers, but I've always liked Gruaud. Should I reconsider? Price is pretty good at PJs. Is this a wine I'll be able to enjoy in 2019?
pomilion

Post by pomilion »

DavidG wrote:... I've always liked Gruaud. Should I reconsider? [...] Is this a wine I'll be able to enjoy in 2019?
Yes and Yes (see my longer response in the UGC thread)