TN : 2009 Valpolicella Classico Zenato

Nicklasss

TN : 2009 Valpolicella Classico Zenato

Post by Nicklasss »

This week, I've been enjoying a bottle of the 2009 Zenato Valpolicella Classico. I liked the wine in the past, for being a nice quaffer, but that 2009 is just a very good basic Valpolicella, with a medium concentrated character. I find it better than prvious vintage (2006 to 2008), so recommend it. Nice aromas of light candied red berries, raisins, cherries. In mouth, good attack and concentration, basically on the fruit flavors, but something of sweet wood too. Medium acidity on the end. Nothing spectacular, but just a very nice ''everyday'' wine, as it will probably go well with almost everything. TN : 87.

Nic
Ramon_NYC

Re: TN : 2009 Valpolicella Classico Zenato

Post by Ramon_NYC »

When I'm away on travel, I get to drink more Valpolicella especially when I'm in an Italian seafood restaurant and am wary, or cautious, of ordering high-end wines. I always seem to end up with a Valpolicella that always serves its purpose as a low-priced wine, non-contemplative, but good to drink with my grilled seafood dish and/or risotto.

However, now that I think about it, I don't reall buying nor storing a single bottle at home over the last several years. Perhaps, I should reconsider.