TN : two nice Bourgognes

Nicklasss

TN : two nice Bourgognes

Post by Nicklasss »

Two nice bottles opened this last weekend.

2002 Meursault Les Narvaux from Vincent Girardin : A wine that is about time to open. I think it is a the end of it plateau. Color was medium yellow, with nice creamy aromas of yellow apples, pears, nuts and oak. In mouth, fat and oily, with again oxydative flavors of hazelnuts, butter, light touch of honey. A light bitterness with the decent long pinneaple and apples finish. Low acidity. I preferred that a few years ago, when the fruit was more evidence, but still good but drink shortly. That was my last bottle. TN : 89-90.

2005 Nuits-St-Georges no 1 Vieilles Vignes from Dominique Laurent : I found a single lost bottle in a local liquostore and bought it as we don't see wines from that négociant often. Color was medium dark red, concentrated red for Pinot. Nose at first was mainly rasberries and crème pâtissière. Very seductive but simple. Opened nicely over time to add some cranberries, red currants, minerals, and a light touch of something herbal. Very nice nose. In mouth, this is a nice concentrated Bourgogne, with rasberries flavors, good dose of oak but not overhelming the concentrated fruit. Cranberries, burned vanilla, flavors, final is long on a mixed of minerals, more rasberries and medium acidity. Tannins are refined. Well, I would say this is not ''typical'' for Bourgogne but I must admit that I Iiked very much that excellent wine. A nice drink too. Has the concentrated flavors to evolve well for 7-10 years, but very good now. TN : 91.

I also drank another bottle of the 2010 Chateau Puy-Landry, an AOC Castillon made by an biodinamic estate, and it was very good for the low price of 14 $. Good earthy, black berries, dark red berries, light oak character and flavors. Medium concentration, good core of tannins and very fresh on the final. Very good. TN : 87.

Nic
Ramon_NYC

Re: TN : two nice Bourgognes

Post by Ramon_NYC »

Looks like some 2002s are starting to drink nicely. I've opened a couple of NSG villages from the 2002 vintages over the last several months that also seem to be at the cusp of nice drinking stage.