TN: 2009 Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon La Croix Boissée

salilb

TN: 2009 Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon La Croix Boissée

Post by salilb »

In short, utterly brilliant.
Smoky, savoury earthy, floral and deep red and dark fruited scents lead into a palate that still feels incredibly primary and tannic, but at the same time shows incredible depth already. With time the tannin smooths out a little and it unravels further showing more herbal and peppery fragrances. It's certainly bigger and riper than Croix Boissée has been in most years, but there's impeccable balance here, great finesse and I'm excited to see what happens to the rest of this case with time. At $36 it may be a fair bit pricier than the Grezeaux but it's a totally different wine and one that's definitely worth going long on.
Comte Flaneur

Re: TN: 2009 Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon La Croix Boissée

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Salil - thanks to your savvy I bought a case of this in London for about the same price (£22 a bottle). I agree with your sentiments entirely...it just needs 2-3 years to really start singing but you can tell right away it is special. We are doing an offline here on Feb 29th for French wines from non glamorous regions - so that excludes burgundy, Bordeaux and much of the rhone. I am bringing a bottle of this. In fact this event was my excuse to buy a case
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

The 2009 Chinon Vieilles Vignes from Philippe Alliet is also great! I,ll check for the 2009 Beaudry.

Nic
oldwinenut

Post by oldwinenut »

Just had a 2003 Baudry La Croix Boissee and in a good spot now.
2009 is a great vintage from the loire for cab franc.
Just bought some Domaine de la Bute Bourgueil Mi-penta for $27.
Waiting for Brenton's, Jouguet's & Amirault's '09.
These wines are great value and, require bottle age and last for years.
IMHO all Bordeaux lovers should have a few bottles tucked away in their cellars as they are great fun at blind tastings.