2000 du Tertre

Blanquito

2000 du Tertre

Post by Blanquito »

2000 du Tertre
A huge, super ripe bouquet here, no decanting necessary. Very fresh, very floral nose, but also with exotic notes of fig, anise, lavander, Indian spice tea. Reminds me a bit of the 2000 Charmail's bouquet from a few nights ago, but with a bit more class and some Bordeaux typicity making an appearance to add some needed gravitas to the affair. The palate is fully resolved with a silky mouthfeel and only some wood tannin left on the finish, this puppy is wide open. There's a southern Rhone profile to the flavor here, with a bit of garrigue and cured meat. The fruit-acid-glycerin is in balance, with just a hint of fleshiness showing the ripeness, but it's not overly sweet nor heavy at all. Drink now and enjoy the fireworks or wait 5-ish years to see if more nuance develops. That bouquet is a head-turner. This style will wow both sides of the pond. Indeed, a sexy beast, as our friends in the commonwealth might say, and I like it! 92 points.
stefan

Re: 2000 du Tertre

Post by stefan »

No surprise to me. Du Tertre is usually good young and ages fairly well. It is still one of the best values among the classified growths.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Patrick,

Thanks for the note. This certainly has done well over the years. It drank very well early on and we poured through over a case and a half of this over the years in Florida and it never shut down or disappointed. Haven't tried it though in about two years as I was hoping this would show some evolved wow attraction. I'll have to visit the cellar to pop one once I'm off my wine fast/diet in May!!! Still one of the great Bordeaux QPRs.
Danny
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Indeed, great QPR, but I am not sure that subsequent vintages are quite in the same league as its 2000 version... This has really improved from my last bottle of it in 12/08.
Ramon_NYC

Post by Ramon_NYC »

Always a satisfying drink, the 2000 du Tertre. Nice TN.
Agree that it was great QPR when bought at low 30s back at release. At $60 these days ....
stefan

Post by stefan »

Yeah, at $60 it is fairly priced. And what red blooded BWEer buys a "fairly priced" wine?
Ramon_NYC

Post by Ramon_NYC »

Question is: what red blooded BWEer think any Bordeaux are "fairly priced" nowadays?
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Those were on sale at $28 a bottle in Bradenton in ?2005 when we picked up 2 cases. Still think it was a great deal and should have bought more.
Danny