TN: Mosel, Cotes-du-Rhone, Niagara, Spain

Ramon_NYC

TN: Mosel, Cotes-du-Rhone, Niagara, Spain

Post by Ramon_NYC »

Wines drank over the last few days:

2010 Tawse Winery Riesling, Niagara Peninsula, Ontario
Ordered a glass with steamed pork bun and a duck sandwich lunch at Momofuku Ssam. It’s not often that I find Canadian wines on any restaurant list in NYC, but since I’ve always had fond appreciation for Niagara Riesling, it was an easy call to order a glass.. This wine was dry and zippy, with lime and big ripe fleshy fruit. I like the balance and the food-friendliness. I’ll be on the lookout to buy for myself. B+

2009 Eric Texier Pergaud Saint-Julen en Saint-Alban Cotes-du-Rhone, Northern Rhone
With fresh meat, dry herbs and hint of gasoline on the bouquet, this wine is a pleasure to drink. Lip-smacking sour cherries, still tannic, a little bit of milky notes. The purity of the fruit and that rustic qualities that embodies this medium-full bodied syrah keeps me excited about my 2 remaining bottles. A-

2010 Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Kabinett, Mosel
Petrol and flowery nose. High acidity with bursts of lemon tart that transcends into a melange of key lime pie and minerals. Long finish. Would love to revisit after 5 years. B

2006 Castellroig Ull de Llebre, Penedes, Spain
Earthy, highly acidic and tannic wine. Very good balance. Went very well with steak dinner. Sediment. At $13 per from Chambers, this is a good find. B+