Quick TN from last 7 days

Nicklasss

Quick TN from last 7 days

Post by Nicklasss »

2009 Ruberpan Valpolicella : A wine made by Pieropan, a very good Soave producer. Unfortunately, i think he is less successfull with that red. Light and thin, there are still aromas of dry raisins and herbs, but i can find many better Montepulciano d'Abruzzo for that price (29 $). TN : 78.

2007 Waterbrook Merlot Columbia Valley : I kinda like the Merlot from British Columbia and Washington State. Good color, good merlot berries fruit, light spices, more dark reasberries, with a medium dose of oak. In mouth, this stay not too powerfull, very nice to drink and with a light tannic finish. Even a bit of acidity and dark tones on the final. Very good. TN : 89.

2008 Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Masciarelli : Ok, simple medium powerful nose of ripe cranberries, flowers. Mouth of decent concentration, red berries, chocolate, tobacco. Drink well, not the most complex, but very<<italian<<. For 15 $, I think this is a gem. TN : 87-88.

2009 Deceto Malbec : From Argentina. Very good, great concentration but with some refinement. Currants, dark berries, smokes, blueberries, vanilla. Mouth is structure and concentrated, but with long acidity on the final with violet flowers. Very good. TN : 89.

Nic
jmccready

Re: Quick TN from last 7 days

Post by jmccready »

The 08 Abruzzo evokes memories of the region and local cuisine. I can see it with food and casual sipping on the deck. I like this wine for
the nature you describe and it can be perfect for the right occasion.