TN : last weekend

Nicklasss

TN : last weekend

Post by Nicklasss »

Short tim to report but last weekend I opened some little inexpensive wine, that delivered the goods, but not much more.

2009 Fleurie Les Garants from Pierre-Marie Chermette : Very good Beaujolais. Dark red color, nose is fragrant, with iris, red berries, toffey vanilla and more flowers. In mouth, balanced, medium power, a perfect wine for a warm day, with charcuterie. A bit expensive at 26 $ as I really liked the 2009 regular Beaujolais from this estate for 16 $. TN : 86.

2009 Santenay Nicolas Potel : My favorite last weekend. Not very complex, but very nice Pinot expression. Clera red color, nose is medium but fixed on red cherries, herbs and little red berries. Nice in mouth, medium power with only 12.5 % alcohol, stay fresh with good acidity, but possess some nice tannins tartinesss. Cherry flavors, cranberries, pit, very small oak. Nice. TN : 88.

2009 Sartori Bardolino : Quite simple and light but pleasing with is candied fruits. Would be probably a good choice to make Sangria, even is not spanish. I prefer the Bardolino from Zenato TN : 78.

Nic
Michael-P

Re: TN : last weekend

Post by Michael-P »

We continue to have our blind wine dinners in Dubai, approx monthly, with the usual mix of American, English, Australian, Moldovan, Russian, Lebanese, Syrian, Italian, Singaporean, Thai, etc attendees. But we have upgraded by having it at a very cool apartment on the 66th floor of the Burj Khalifa (worlds tallest manmade structure). I havent reported the details in awhile as the wines are typically in the low to mid 80s, and I've been finding the TNs a bit boring. The evenings are always fun, but thats becasue of all the fun people (isn't that what wine is all about anyway?).

But I have been meaning to post a note that the last two dinners, with 10 or 11 bottles blind, had WOTN that were two different 09 Bordeaux at relatively low price points. It got me thinking that maybe I need to refocus on buying some of the more reasonable. but still BWE respectable, 09s.

Michael-P
DavidG

Re: TN : last weekend

Post by DavidG »

So what were the affordable '09s Michael? I stocked up on a few in the <$50 range:

Barde-Haut
Cantemerle
Haut-Bergey
Lalande-Borie
Lanessan

I usually cellar Bdx 10+ years bit some of these are probably going to drink well early.

And Gruaud and Talbot were pretty reasonable.