Offline DC Sept 24??

dstgolf

Offline DC Sept 24??

Post by dstgolf »

I'll be coming thru DC heading to Baltimore for a three day golf event Sept 25-27. If there is an interest I'd love to come in a day early to see some of the DC gang and share a few drinks/laughs/savoury bites. I have to meet everyone at the airport(Reagan) for 8:30ish am before heading to Caves Valley in Baltimore. If there is an interest I'd plan accordingly to make it happen.

Danny
Danny
Jay Winton

Re: Offline DC Sept 24??

Post by Jay Winton »

that's our anniversary weekend but if we're here will do our best to get together-plenty of wine friendly restaurants in DC and many have free or reduced corkage on Monday.
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

Same status as mr. vino - we're often away then but if we're in town we'll be there!
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Would love to put together a dinner but we will be at the beach that week.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

As of now I'm still looking at coming into DC on Monday and spending the night somewhere. Flight from Ottawa to DC is crazy $800 return and if we combine a weekend visit with friends in upstate NY and fly out of Syracuse leaving wife with her girlfriend the return flight is $169. I figure it's a win win. Wife sees girl friend...has spending money for shopping. I can golf in Baltimore and maybe get together with whoever is free for a drink or two... Monday night.

Thinking of getting room by airport but Hotwire cheapest is around $200/night right now. Foggy Bottom 3 1/2* $122. What's the preferrable convenience factor to get back to the airport to rendezvous with 7 other guys to head out to Baltimore for 8:30am? I remember taking the subway from the Hilton in Foggy Bottom to the airport but will be schlepping golf clubs and bag back and forth. Whats travel time again? If anyones around I think I can get back and forth to Crystal City hotel to dinner somewhere on subway/Cab?? or is Foggy Bottom/elswhere more convenient?
Danny