TN: 1989 Château Lagrange (St. Julien) (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, St. Julien)

jmccready

TN: 1989 Château Lagrange (St. Julien) (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, St. Julien)

Post by jmccready »

• 1989 Château Lagrange (St. Julien) - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, St. Julien (6/15/2012)
    Rich nose of currants and integrated oak with black fruits. A dense plummy palate, a tad tart with mouthfilling earthy flavors. Great texture and developing flavors of chocolate and coffee. The hint of
    tartness stays around. This falls somewhere between current ripeness and old style finesse from a house that strives for the latter. A very nice wine. Lagrange should not be ignored and is a fine
    example of a crafted St. Julien. Recent vintages, in my view, confirm this. (90 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
AlexR

Re: TN: 1989 Château Lagrange (St. Julien) (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, St. Julien)

Post by AlexR »

Lagrange does it again...

Huge estate that does good work.

Alex R.
Gerry M.

Re: TN: 1989 Château Lagrange (St. Julien) (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, St. Julien)

Post by Gerry M. »

Thanks for the note. Lagrange has become one of my favorite St. Juliens and I've been on the look out for the 89' but it rarely seems to come up at auction. Whenever I've had the 90' it has not dissapointed. Since 89' is my anniversary year I' try to pick them up whenever i can. It's a better overall year than RMP gives it credit for.