TN: Some recent bubbles

DavidG

TN: Some recent bubbles

Post by DavidG »

• 1988 Krug Champagne Brut - France, Champagne (5/20/2012)
    Light gold, still plenty of bubbles but not as effusive as a few years ago. Yeasty bread and a hint of citrus and nuts on the nose, very rich and full bodied, Bready/citrus notes carry through from the nose accompanied by some savory flavors, still very fresh, great balancing acidity, outstanding.
  • 1996 Henriot Champagne Cuvée des Enchanteleurs Brut - France, Champagne (5/20/2012)
    Light yellow/gold. Complex nose with nice mix of bready, toasty, nutty notes plus pear and citrus. Virtually unchanged from last year except with perhaps a bit more complexity on the nose and palate. Medium to full body, great fruit concentration, complexity on nose follows through on palate although not really showing its full colors until open an hour, great balance and acidity, long finish. Outstanding - extraordinary. (3903 views)
  • NV Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne Brut - France, Champagne (5/13/2012)
    Another good bottle served with smoked fish for Mother's Day. Drinking well with a little over 2 years cellar age.
Posted from CellarTracker
stefan

Re: TN: Some recent bubbles

Post by stefan »

I don't think I have drunk the '88 Krug since we were on Corinne's balcony, David. That was a memorable evening.
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

We've drunk several bottles of the Henriot 96 all enjoyable-will have to try the Enchanteleurs.
james45

Post by james45 »

This drinks can truly makes us crazy on drinking it with it's blends that can keep us on drinking it all over and over again.

Post by Nicklasss »

Merci David.

Very interesting. I always wanted to try the 1996 Enchanteleurs as I like Henriot style. your note makes me thirsty.

Nic