TN: 1990 Moët & Chandon Champagne Cuvée Dom Pérignon

jmccready

TN: 1990 Moët & Chandon Champagne Cuvée Dom Pérignon

Post by jmccready »

• 1990 Moët & Chandon Champagne Cuvée Dom Pérignon - France, Champagne (7/1/2012)
    Bubbles stil medium racy and remain for the entire 5 minutes it took to finish the bottle. Seriously a truly great champagne with rich honeyed color and light bisquits in nose. Likewise sweet, honeyed flavors
    on the palate but this is just the beginning. The complex layered flavors don't take long to wow you. Everything in there you want, powerful and nutty on palate. It has been called Montrachet-like
    before and that is very accurate. Long finish that continues to build. Simply great. (98 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
DavidG

Re: TN: 1990 Moët & Chandon Champagne Cuvée Dom Pérignon

Post by DavidG »

The '90 is a GREAT Dom. Dom isn't always my favorite Champagne, but they hit a home run with that one. Sadly I finished my last one about a year ago, but they were still going strong. Glad to hear it was singing for you jm.
sdr

Re: TN: 1990 Moët & Chandon Champagne Cuvée Dom Pérignon

Post by sdr »

My most recent note from 2/2012, 94 points:

The '90 DP is in a beautiful place right now, fully mature but still very vigorous. Much more powerful mousse than the '90 Cristal we compared it to a and all four of us preferred the serious complex and dry style of the DP. A little gingery, not too bready or acidic. Deep in its secondary phase with just a touch of the classic DP austerity. Great balance.

DP can be hard to read young (but not the already delicious 2002), but ages brilliantly.

Stuart