TN from last weekend

Nicklasss

TN from last weekend

Post by Nicklasss »

It was a long weekend, with Canada Day on July 1st and Marie-Claude's birthday on July 2nd. Some good bottles opened and some other that let us down.

2004 Cahors Les Laquets from Cosse-Maisonneuve : As far, i liked the little cuvee Le Combal and La Fage from that producer in the past, their top cuvee Les Laquets let me down 3 times. Yes the wine was deep red, with a closed nose with little dark berries and ashes, and the mouth was nice but nothing to the level expected. Drinking well with little rasberries and dark berries, but not enough complexity or power. TN : 80?

2006 Bierzo from Raul Perez : Very nice Spanish wine, with a good mixture of rasberries, oak, and mineral onthe nose. Mouth is not very developped yet, but at least good power of red berries flavors, oak, kind of dusty minerlas and grapey. TN : 85.

2010 Monthelie 1er Cru Les Champs Fulliot from Nicolas Potel : Good Bourgogne. light red color. Very light to medium power Pinot on the nose, with lots of cherries, little red berries and something lightly leefy. Charming, easy to drink, but a very nice character of kirsch cherries, light vanilla, strawberries, vegetal, and a decent long final with nice acidity and some tart structure. Very good and so charming. TN : 87-88.

2007 Selezione Antonio Castagnedi Amarone della Valpolicella : a very nice and complex Amarone, for the price. Dark red, nose is grapey, with old red cherries, flowers, dry raisins, incense and something herbal. In mouth, stay very balanced, but less complex than the nose. Cherries and grapes flavors, mixed with just a touch of burned licorice. Very good even if not the longest. TN : 89.

One more to come.

Nic
Nicklasss

Re: TN from last weekend

Post by Nicklasss »

Finally 2 nmore wines.

2003 Chateau Caillou : The Barsac. at the right spot at the moment. Incredible as this wine add some intensuity in less tahn 4 years. Golden color. Nose ispowerful with toffey, vanilla, apricots, peaches and light botrytis. In mouth, this is thick but balanced, with not that much complexity but suprb butter, caramel, apricots, acacia flowers flavors. Very intense too in mouth, with the medium to long Barsac finish, that is just slightly lighter than the one of Sauternes. Basically, I loved that wine. TN : 92-93.

2009 Emotion bourgogne from Vincent Girardin : A nice wine but really to drink without too much hope. To me, that vintage is more Chardonnay, than Bourgogne terroir. Pears, yellow apples, light herbal touch, but is kinda light. Nothing special here. I preferred some previous vintage of the same wine. TN : 82.

Nic