TN: 2005 Château Latour à Pomerol (France, Bordeaux, Libournais, Pomerol)

jmccready

TN: 2005 Château Latour à Pomerol (France, Bordeaux, Libournais, Pomerol)

Post by jmccready »

• 2005 Château Latour à Pomerol - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, Pomerol (7/8/2012)
    Pretty blend of red colors-a mix of ruby, light crimson and garnet shades, nice to look at. Nose of dark and red fruits with cassis and other nice smells. Rich and textural, balanced and
    clearly reflective of a great vintage. Beautiful merlot fruit. This wine seems to be good in good vintages and very good in
    great vintages, but that is only my opinion. The modern style seems to have been of benefit to this property and the wine never seems to be too over-extracted. (92 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
AlexR

Re: TN: 2005 Château Latour à Pomerol (France, Bordeaux, Libournais, Pomerol)

Post by AlexR »

Thanks for sharing Jim.

Just one question: how close was this baby to being ready to drink? Or does its fruity, voluptuous side make it just fine to drink now?

TIA,
Alex R.
jmccready

Re: TN: 2005 Château Latour à Pomerol (France, Bordeaux, Libournais, Pomerol)

Post by jmccready »

Alex- it is definitely packed with enough intensity to need another 5 years. It should develop more layers but its current suppleness makes
it tempting now. One of those that will be consumed too early, but I would like a few more opinions. I should have mentioned it needed more
time, at least to my taste. That being said I don't consider it one to cellar for a decade or more but disagreement welcome.