2008 Jadot Pommard Grands Epenots has been uncorked....

JimHow

2008 Jadot Pommard Grands Epenots has been uncorked....

Post by JimHow »

Boy this wine has smoothed out considerably in just one year. It will age a long time but drinking nicely now! This is classy stuff.

Hound, are you following what's happening in Beantown tonight? A Friday Night Massacre at Fenway! Cleaning house.... Good riddance! So much for the "Theo Epstein Era!" <rolls eyes>
William P

Re: 2008 Jadot Pommard Grands Epenots has been uncorked....

Post by William P »

The Dodgers are the new Yankees. Great for the TV business, bad for baseball.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I don't remember anything like this since Rudi, Fingers and Blue! Baseball is so screwed up. There is universal elation here in New England, the Dodgers just saved us from about five years of being tied to unsuccessful contracts. I'm sure Dodgers fans are very happy as well. I don't want to see another long term contract ever again. Man did the "Kid Wonder" Theo screw up this team.
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

Crawford was way too much money (not his fault) for a guy that didn't fit anywhere in the lineup or on the field, then he was injured.

Gonzo was a good contract (compared to Tex, Pujols, and any number of others) but he didn't seem quite right for the town and he was being roasted as another JD Drew nonchalant type guy.

Beckett was really inconsistent from year to year but he might benefit from the change of scene.

You can give Valentine all the eager youngsters he supposedly excels with and he will screw it up. I was hoping Lucchino would see the folly of his Val-pal. Next year will be another sour one. It will be easier to ignore the whole mess from Hawaii. Anyway a Hollywood ending has these malcontents making a run at the WS.