What's the Skinny on Beau-Sejour Becot?

Houndsong

What's the Skinny on Beau-Sejour Becot?

Post by Houndsong »

I have no personal experience with this but in reading about it I get the impression this tends toward the Parkerized/modern school. I think maybe Claudius recommended the 08 or 09, but I'm wondering if Ian wouldn't put this in the "generic as an '82 Canon" camp. Anyone care to make a gross generalization about the house style?
JonB

Re: What's the Skinny on Beau-Sejour Becot?

Post by JonB »

Well, it is in very close proximity to Canon....aren't they neighbors? My experience is limited, with tastings (of newly bottled wines) only at the large UGC events. Rolland consults there....does that reveal some stylistic tendencies? :roll:

I really enjoyed the 2009 at UGC; my notes are sketchy, but Neal Martin's notes are not far off my thoughts "I was bowled over by this sublime expression of St. Emilion terrior! What a loveley, fragrant bouquet with crushed rose petals and vibrant red-berried fruit. Superb delineation here. The palate is smooth, suave and harmonious with great precision and delineation on the finish, surpassing my expectations out of barrel." Of course, I had no expectations out of barrel. Nor do I recall ever being in a barrel.