Open BWE Event in Fort Collins, 9/30/12

Blanquito

Open BWE Event in Fort Collins, 9/30/12

Post by Blanquito »

Chris Bublitz (aka Winona Chief) will be in town and we plan to gather for a wine dinner in Fort Collins.

Please be forewarned, we will be joined by an elitist clique of local winos, known for their snobby exclusivity, love of all things Squires, and all around general non-BWE-ness usually marked by a clear intolerance for asinine double-standards and signs of multiple personality disorders. :twisted: Worst of all, they usually like to drink Spanish wines!!! :D

Despite all that, we usually have a really good time and we try not to take life and especially wine-boards too seriously (but in an elitist, no-country-lawyers-allowed, gated-community, country-club sort of way, of course)...

If anyone on BWE happens to be in Colorado on the said date, feel free to join us by PM-ing me.
Houndsong

Re: Open BWE Event in Fort Collins, 9/30/12

Post by Houndsong »

Got any spare shippers?

Seriously I'd be there but we're just flying back from Hawaii that morning. Maybe if I leave two cars at the airport...
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

I've lots of spare shippers, Art. How many are you looking for?

Come join us if you can make it!
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

Just a couple, to take as excess checked baggage on the actual move. I'm taking a couple I have on the upcoming trip and leaving them with friends.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

The shippers are yours, Hound.

Plus, I can get you the money I owe you, either directly as cash, or in kind as liquid refreshment.
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

Hmm. Or perhaps payment in kind from Blanquito's vault? A deep track perhaps? Eh, I have too many bottles left to squirrel away as it is.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Yes, I vote for drinking!
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Blanquito wrote:Chris Bublitz (aka Winona Chief) will be in town and we plan to gather for a wine dinner in Fort Collins.

Please be forewarned, we will be joined by an elitist clique of local winos, known for their snobby exclusivity, love of all things Squires, and all around general non-BWE-ness usually marked by a clear intolerance for asinine double-standards and signs of multiple personality disorders. :twisted: Worst of all, they usually like to drink Spanish wines!!! :D

Despite all that, we usually have a really good time and we try not to take life and especially wine-boards too seriously (but in an elitist, no-country-lawyers-allowed, gated-community, country-club sort of way, of course)...

If anyone on BWE happens to be in Colorado on the said date, feel free to join us by PM-ing me.
Patrick I might come with my mate Derek, ‘two chairs’/’two pours.’ He has severe halitosis, and suffers from Tourettes syndrome and bi-polar disorder. He is also on the sex offenders register, and since he was released from prison he has been forbidden from going anywhere near children or electrical appliances. After a couple of glasses he is prone to become rather violent and obviously very abusive. I might also bring an assortment of other freeloaders, who like pouring out other people’s wines as if they brought them themselves. Trust that is OK with you.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Does he slather himself with Old Spice before going out?.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Of course you and Derek are welcome! Everyone is welcome, that's the BWE way! We are the pure spirit of democracy embodied... not everybody gets that, Ian, but it's true. Heck you don't even need to like or drink wine to participate (except 2002L of course), that's how egalitarian our community really is. Derek will fit right in, I'm sure.
Ramon_NYC

Post by Ramon_NYC »

No problem with Derek here. Sounds like a charmer.
Especially if Ian's pal Derek is beautiful, then would like to offline with him in here in NYC ... I'll cancel all earlier work and family travel plans just to offline with him and his family when he comes to NYC.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Be sure to bring Derek to the Convention, Ian! We can't have NYC over-represented at the Convention, no sir!

Ramon, maybe Derek can crash at your place to sleep it off for a month or two? Shouldn't be an issue, given how many homeless people you and your wife already put up out of the kindness of your big BWE hearts. I mean, we don't exclude anyone here, even in our own homes! Well, maybe we exclude red burgundy lovers, but we have to draw the line somewhere... Give us your poor huddled masses, your wretched unwashed proletariat, your bloggin' conspiracy theorists 2002L lovin' lawyers!!!
Last edited by Blanquito on Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

Yeah, maybe I will be there. If there's going to be a barney I can hold someone's glass.
stefan

Post by stefan »

OK, guys, you made your point; the BD made his. Let's get back to being a friendly group.

Sorry I cannot make your dinner, Patrick.
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

Blessed are the peacemakers...
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Amen. Moving on.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Amen +1... you're right, Stefan...
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

OK picked up five shippers from my neighbor with whom I was already leaving about 10 cases of wine. Didn't think to ask if he had any.

What a relief. His basement is probably 5 degrees cooler than mine I think because he has his floor insulated. I'd been down there once but forgotten what it was like. Now I know my excess will be in great hands!

Have you any magnum shippers, Patrick? I've got some interesting mags but nothing to ship them with.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

No magnum styro shippers, thought I do have lots of half-bottle ones.